Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Lovely Ladies

This past Sunday, we had scheduled time for the bridal party and I to hit up a David's Bridal and try on some dresses! My original plan was that each bridesmaid would choose her own dress, complimentary to the other choices, in black. This idea supported the fact that all of my bridesmaids are different; different body styles, different personalities etc. And I did not want to be one of those brides who makes everyone wear some hideous dress because I like it!
For example, when Laura and I were shopping for my dress, we browsed the bridesmaid dresses quickly and I grabbed a long halter number and said, "This is really cute!" Laura said, "Yes, that'd be cute on you but you don't have to wear it." Which is why I wanted the bridesmaids to be in charge of their own dress destiny.
~
Upon arrival, we immediatly went through all of the racks, pulling probably 30 dresses for 4 girls! (Only Vicky, Megan, Molly, and Rosie were able to attend) As everyone tried on their selections, I played assistant and zipped them in with flare. Molly had chosen two shorter, very slim numbers. Both very fitted and stylish but one looked a lot better than the other. We thought we had made her decision. Rosie was having a tougher time, trying on long flowy dresses that just did not look right. Megan tried on some really cute ones, but had issues with the bust fit (as I do!). And Vicky tried on about 5 dresses that all looked fantastic. Our favorite for Vicky was a long pleated bust dress but because Molly had chosen a short dress, we had the sales consultant bring out the same pleated dress in a shorter version. Success! The dress was gorgeous!

After a bunch more dresses and making the girls go back and forth between them, we finally had Molly put on the same dress Vicky had been wearing. (The shorter pleated number) So cute!! We all pondered the idea of same dresses and Rosie said something weird about "the sisterhood of the traveling dress..." awkward. So we had Megan and Rosie try on the same dress style as well. (Mind you the pleated short dress came in a variety of colors. The black sample happened to be a size 2 so no one actually tried on the black! We had dark blue, lilac, orange, and green!)

Voila! The dress looked good on everyone! Every body type! The girls commented that it was comfortable! And wait for.....drum roll please ..... it has POCKETS! Yes, the skirt is pleated which allowed hidden pockets to be placed within the pleats! Doesn't everyone complain about not having enough room in their small evening clutch? Well, now you have pockets! So cute!


(Davids Bridal Style # 83312)

Laura and Krista still have to try it on of course before we start ordering the dresses but I really think that this will be the dress everyone will agree upon. The material is actually a sateen cotton which is nice because regardless of the early October wedding, it will work. After all, you can always put more clothes on but you can only take so much off! ;)

The girls will pair this dress with black or silver shoes of their choice and jewelry of their choice as well. (Because I have not yet decided what their gift will be. A lot of times brides give jewelry for the day of, but I think it's a little more individualized if everyone wears their own. Perhaps I can get them all different jewelry that shows their individual style.)

I will also be making or purchasing shawls for the the girls to wear, especially in church, and later if the weather is cooler.

***The most exciting fact of 4 out of 6 bridesmaids choosing this dress, is that the pleating on the top EXACTLY matches and mirrors the bodice pleating in my dress! (Unfortunatly my dress is no longer on Demitrios website and I would rather not post it anyway if Mike is reading this! :) )

Conclusion of dress shopping: very exciting and fun! We ended the day with Olive Garden, despite the suggestions for pie and tea from my mother. hehe! I can't wait to spend the next couple of months planning things with these girls! I'm going to put them to work on all my little projects - Megan has already seen the mental breakdown regarding our Save the Dates and address label making! Grr! haha Love you Megan!

Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. Hey just wondering what the cost was for this dress? I found your blog by searching for the style number of the dress. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is $135 and our sales consultant said with taxes it should be about $146! :)

    ReplyDelete